Dear AutismBC Members,
At AutismBC, we are closely monitoring the evolving situation around COVID-19. Following the guidance of health authorities, local governments, and the World Health Organization, we are implementing the following measures to ensure we can operate safely and responsibly.
- Our core information and referral services will continue to operate, but we will not be taking in-person meetings. We understand the importance of finding credible, vetted resources for yourself and your loved ones. During this pandemic, we have seen over a 20% increase in our requests, so it might take longer for us to get back to you. We will continue to aim to respond within three business days.
- All AutismBC training and workshops will continue using our online platforms.
- AutismBC Talks (Information Sessions) will continue to be hosted in private zoom meeting rooms or live-streamed through our Facebook page.
- All in-person clubs, social groups, community support groups, and AutismBC Goes events will continue to happen in the live-online format.
We have a COVID-19 in-person event planning document for when the reopen of in-person events starts; however, at this time we are choosing not to have in-person programs until most of our community members are comfortable meeting in person.
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as high. We will continue to monitor the situation as new information becomes available and will take appropriate measures. We recognize that this is an evolving situation and our commitment is to provide you with up-to-date information.
We understand that the current health environment is concerning for many, and we extend our deepest sympathies to those who have been affected. Although the situation continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: AutismBC will continue to support, connect, and empower the autism community across BC.
Wishing you good health,
While we practice physical distancing to keep everyone safe and healthy, AutismBC will continue to empower our members and the autism community through our online platforms. We’re all in this together. Stay connected and join us on our social media pages for resources, updates and stories:
- Like and follow our Facebook page to keep up-to-date with AutismBC news, chats, resources and stories: @AutismBC
- Follow us on Instagram @autismbc
- Private/direct message us on our social media accounts, or email us at email@example.com for any questions or concerns.