Support Groups: Coffee Meetups and Community Groups
Coffee Meetups are perfect for those of you that want a casual atmosphere to interact with other parents, families, or self-advocates. Come with an open heart and an open mind and you will find your network, and maybe friends for life!
As a result of COVID-19, many of our Coffee Meetups have moved online via Zoom. Please contact the facilitators for more information regarding their specific meetup.
Follow our Facebook Page and check the events page to stay up to date with when coffee meetups are happening. See you there.
AUTISMBC ONLINE SUPPORT GROUPS
Tuesday Coffee Meet Up, 10am (0-10yrs)
Wednesday Coffee Meet Up, 12-1pm (Caregivers of Adults on the Spectrum, 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month)
Thursday Coffee Meet Up, 10am (10+yrs)
Getting Together on the Spectrum Adults Meet up Group, (4:30-6 pm PST, 2nd Wednesday and last Wednesday each month)
**Please note that many of our community support groups have been put on pause or have moved online as a result of COVID-19. You can reach out to the facilitators for more information**
Community Groups are great if you are looking to hear or share lived experiences! We share resources, ideas, and insights so all of us leave the meeting feeling more equipped and empowered.
AutismBC believes in empowering the autism community through connection and knowledge. Our passionate team hosts free, community support groups for people on the autism spectrum and their families across BC. Our groups are safe and open-minded spaces for our community to have conversations and discussions on the challenges they face and to share victories.
Sharing lived experiences is incredibly powerful in strengthening the autism community. In more remote communities where in-person speakers are not available, we will try to provide free, online information sessions so nobody is left out. We want everyone to be equipped with tools for success via credible information, presentations, and speakers.
We also understand the importance of in-person connections. We want to support local groups to continue to have meet-up groups, so we will do our best to keep this list updated to connect you with the people around you. If you notice any inconsistencies or want to add your meet up group to this list please reach out to Brock here.
- Burnaby (Run by AutismBC)
- Facilitator: Stella
- Contact: email@example.com
- Typical Meeting Time: One Friday a the Month (10:00-12:00)
- New Westminister (Run by AutismBC volunteers)
- Facilitator: Sima
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typical Meeting Time: Last Saturday of the Month
- Vancouver Square Peg Society (Independent)
- Vancouver, Vancouver Aspergers Autism Union (Independent)
- Richmond, Richmond Autism Parent Support [RAPS] (Independent)
- Richmond, Chinese Support Group (Independent)
- Burnaby, Chinese Support Group (Independent)
- Facilitator: Mable
- Contact: email@example.com
- Typical Meeting Time: One Friday a Month 12:15-2:15PM
- Autism Support Network (Independent)
- Comox Valley (Run by AutismBC)
- Facilitator: Amanda
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typical Meeting Time: 1st Thursday of the Month
- Sooke (Independent)
- Nanaimo (Independent)
- Victoria Autism-Asperger Meetup Group (Independent)
- Prince Rupert (Run by AutismBC)
- Williams Lake (Independent)
- 100 Mile House (Independent)
- Kelowna (Run by AutismBC)
- Nakusp (Independent)
- Kamloops (Independent)
- Vernon (Independent)