Support Groups: Community Groups
**Please note that many of our community support groups have been put on pause or have moved online as a result of COVID-19. You can reach out to the facilitators for more information**
Community Groups are great if you are looking to hear or share lived experiences! We share resources, ideas, and insights so all of us leave the meeting feeling more equipped and empowered.
AutismBC believes in empowering the autism community through connection and knowledge. Our passionate team hosts free, community support groups for people on the autism spectrum and their families across BC. Our groups are safe and open-minded spaces for our community to have conversations and discussions on the challenges they face and to share victories.
Sharing lived experiences is incredibly powerful in strengthening the autism community. We are a small team and, unfortunately, can’t be everywhere; however, we will try to get keynote speakers to do free, online information sessions whenever possible. We want everyone to be equipped with tools for success via credible information, presentations, and speakers.
We also understand the importance of in-person connections. We want to support local groups to continue to have meet-up groups, so we will do our best to keep this list updated to connect you with the people around you. If you notice any inconsistencies or want to add your meet up group to this list please reach out to Brock here.
- Burnaby (Run by AutismBC)
- Facilitator: Stella
- Contact: email@example.com
- Typical Meeting Time: One Friday a the Month (10:00-12:00)
- New Westminister (Supported by AutismBC)
- Facilitator: Sima
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typical Meeting Time: Last Saturday of the Month
- Vancouver Square Peg Society (Run by a Partner)
- Vancouver Vancouver Aspergers Autism Union (Run by a Partner)
- Richmond, Chinese Support Group (Run by a Partner)
- Burnaby, Chinese Support Group (Run by a Partner)
- Facilitator: Mable
- Contact: email@example.com
- Typical Meeting Time: One Friday a Month 12:15-2:15PM
- Autism Support Network (Run by a Partner)
- Comox Valley (Run by AutismBC)
- Facilitator: Amanda
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typical Meeting Time: 1st Thursday of the Month
- Sooke (Supported by AutismBC)
- Nanaimo (Supported by AutismBC)
- Williams Lake (Run by a Partner)
- 100 Mile House (Run by a Partner)
- Kelowna (Run by AutismBC)
- Nakusp (Supported by AutismBC)
- Vernon (Run by a Partner)