Waiting for Assessment
July 8 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
If you are waiting for an autism assessment, this workshop is for you! Join us for a 3-hour Waiting for Assessment workshop covering the essential information that families need to know at the start of their autism journey.
How: Join us for a live, Zoom 3-hour workshop covering the essential information that families need to know at the start of their autism journey.
What you will learn:
- Basic information about autism
- How to prepare for an autism assessment and what your family can do while you wait
- Pros and cons of private vs. public assessments and diagnoses
- What to expect at the assessment and after a diagnosis
- Tips on coping strategies, how to talk to your family and friends about autism, etc.
When: Saturday, July 8, 2023 from 9:30am – 12:30pm (3 hrs)
Who: For many families and caregivers, this workshop is the first touchpoint to the autism community. It is a place to meet others facing similar challenges online and in your community. You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to a Board-Certified Behavioural Analyst (BCBA) Gabrielle Stigant.
Registration closes on Thursday, July 6, 2023 at noon.
- Children on the autism spectrum across B.C. get the best standard of care and support possible to enable them to reach their full potential
- Families across B.C. are empowered to make educated decisions about their child’s autism assessment process
- Families across B.C are empowered to access the support and information they need
- Families access the timeliest autism diagnosis possible
Speaker: Gabrielle Stigant
Gabrielle Stigant is a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst who has been working in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis with children on the spectrum since 2002. She completed her Masters of Education with a focus in Special Education and Autism at the University of British Columbia. She has worked with autistic children between the ages of 15 months and 15 years. Prior to running a private practice, she worked for a non-profit organization. Gabrielle develops and oversees early intervention programs and provides consultation services to families and professionals. Her services include parent coaching and developing and facilitating social skill groups.
You don’t need to be an AutismBC member to attend, but membership has its perks!
To check your AutismBC membership status please click here to log in. Forgot your login details? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our memberships are FREE, to gets your now: click here.