Welcome to our Northern BC Page!
Did you know that the ASBC has a Branch in Prince George and a Branch Coordinator to help serve our ever growing northern communities? We also have a community support group running in Prince George, to provide essential opportunities to connect and network with other individuals whose lives are affected by ASD and listen to guest speakers on a wide range of meaningful and relevant topics. We are always looking for people who are interested in serving additional communities. Let us know if you’d like to volunteer to become a Support Group Facilitator in your area (No experience required!).
Meet Corey, our Prince George Branch Coordinator
Hi, my name is Corey Walker and I am the ASBC’s Northern Branch Co-ordinator. I’m also an adult with Asperger’s, so I understand what it’s like living with the disorder. This experience, paired with my passion for helping others, has led me to my role as a branch coordinator for the ASBC. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I am here for you!
The following is a list of just some of the referral/support services Corey provides:
- Connect individuals to autism service providers
- Lend a sympathetic ear when the autism maze feels overwhelming
- Answer questions about the diagnosis process or autism in general example: “my child or loved one may have autism what do I do next?”
- Answer question from professionals working in the Autism community
- Connect individuals to Autism resources through our lending library
- Connect individuals with local support groups
- Connect individuals to recreational programs and camps
And Information Surrounding:
- New to diagnosis
- Educational related issues
- Life transitions
- Transition to adulthood
- Advocacy issues
- Current autism research
- Info about RDSP’s, Disability tax credit, PWD and other programs
To find out more about our community support groups or to volunteer to become a community support group facilitator please email email@example.com.