Summer Reimbursement Program
This popular program financially assists parents who wish to access fun and engaging programming for their child(ren) with ASD over the summer months. Since 2002, this program has helped countless families partially fund their child’s participation in a variety of activities from sports camps, to art classes during their summer holiday. Childcare worker or one-to-one worker fees also qualify, as long as the worker is not directly related to the applicant.
Who can apply?
Autism BC members who demonstrate financial need
What programs qualify?
Any program or expense related to enhancing participation in summer activities for an individual with ASD will be considered, for instance:
- Overnight camps, community center programs, athletic camps, computer courses, art courses, and other similar programs
- Childcare worker or one-to-one worker fees
What programs do not qualify?
- Ongoing year-round programs
- Worker fees, if the worker is related to the child/adult with ASD (e.g. brother, parent)
- Membership fees (e.g. PNE, gym memberships)
Are there age limitations?
No. Age is not a restriction on funding eligibility.
How can I apply?
If you are interested in registering for this program, please fill out the application form. Autism BC team will review the application forms once receipts have been submitted. If you are approved for the program, you will receive an email. If you do not receive an email after you have submitted a receipt, you were not approved for the program.
Step 1 – Fill out the application form by the deadline – Coming Soon!
Step 2 – Send in your receipt by the deadline – Coming Soon!
How do I get approved?
Not all applications will be approved. To receive approval for the program you must make sure you have completed the following:
- Submitted your application form and receipt before the deadlines
- Correctly fill out the application form
- Submit an official receipt for a qualified program. If you would like to check if your program qualifies, please contact us before you submit the receipt.
- Submit only one receipt per child with ASD
Please note, that because of an overwhelming interest in this program each year, no exceptions are made if applications are filled out incorrectly or received after deadline. If you are uncertain about whether you will be approved, contact our office well before applications are due.
Based solely on fundraising efforts, those members who qualify can receive up to a maximum of $200 in reimbursements, depending on the number of applications.
Autism BC accepts applications from around the province and will distribute the reimbursement fairly throughout BC. We must stress that the number and amount of reimbursements are determined by Autism BC’s success in raising funds for this program. Reimbursements are distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis. Once all the funds are distributed there will be no further reimbursements for the year.
If you have questions about this program please email email@example.com or call 1-888-437-0880.
2017 Deadlines – Coming Soon!