Join our Team!
AutismBC empowers, supports, and connects the autism community in British Columbia. We are a small, non-profit charity that encourages the inclusion and acceptance of the entire autism community. Autistic and other neurodivergent candidates are highly encouraged to apply for any position.
AutismBC empowers, supports, and connects the autism community in British Columbia. We are a small, non-profit charity that encourages the inclusion and acceptance of the entire autism community.
Are you interested in helping to guide our mission and vision as our membership continues to grow? Would you like to help us strive towards a truly neurodiversity-affirming society?
AutismBC is recruiting board members from now until May 31, 2023. For more information on our board and staff visit: https://www.autismbc.ca/about/our-team/
We are looking for a number of volunteer board members with experience in the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
Our board values and goals:
- Diversity of viewpoints and lived experience
- Upholding the mission, vision, and values of AutismBC
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of autistic individuals in British Columbia
- Facilitating AutismBC’s organizational growth
AutismBC board member requirements:
- Be a Society Member of AutismBC in good standing. Learn how to become a society member here: AutismBC’s Membership page
- Live in British Columbia
- Commit to spending approximately 10 hours a month on board duties, including reviewing monthly reports and attending monthly meetings.
- Understand and monitor the organization’s financial affairs
- Commit to one in-person meeting in British Columbia each fall
- Attend our virtual Annual General Meeting
- Have a passion for serving the autism community and autistic individuals in British Columbia.
- Commit to a board term of two years.
We encourage a wide range of applicants — autistic self-advocates, disabled people, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, and people from the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
How to apply: Complete our Society Membership form and send your cover letter and resume to AutismBC’s Board Secretary, Kristen Hovet: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading Board member application.
Please outline the following in your application:
- Your previous experience serving on a Board of Directors
- The specific experience and skills that you will bring to AutismBC as a Board Member
- Your connection to autism
- Your commitment to AutismBC’s values and organizational grow
- The value that you will add to AutismBC’s Board of Directors