- This event has passed.
AutismBC Talks with Community Living British Columbia (CLBC)
May 26, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the Conversation and view our Facebook Live Video as Lindy talks with Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) about services and eligibility.
We will be talking about:
– how CLBC supports autistic adults
– what support looks like
– how CLBC determines eligibility for support services
– what is the process/criteria to access support in BC
Who We Are Talking with:
- Catriona Johnson is the new Manager of Policy and Government Relations at CLBC and has worked in the community living field for over 25 years in both Canada and the US. Catriona has an adult son with autism and is the former Chair of both the Howard County Autism Society and the Autism Society of America’s Government Relations Committee. She has a Masters in special education from Johns Hopkins University
- Susan Fasse is the CLBC Eligibility Facilitator for the Vancouver Coastal West Region (Vancouver, North Shore, Sea to Sky Corridor, Sunshine Coast and Powell River). She has worked for the Provincial Government for over 22 years and, specifically, CLBC since 2008. She was the Personal Support Initiative facilitator for this region when the program first started in 2012.
- Patrice Struyk is a CLBC Policy Analyst and CLBC’s Provincial Eligibility Lead. She provides policy and practice guidance to internal and external stakeholders, including CLBC staff, management and the psychologists with whom CLBC works. She has graduate degrees in the arts, where she developed her research and communication skills. She has worked in social and disability services and policy for 20 years.
Tune in to our Facebook Page to hear from policymakers Live Online.
Please do the following to participate in our Facebook Live:
1. LIKE and FOLLOW AutismBC’s Facebook page.
2. Stay tuned for the live video on the designated dates.
Feel free to private message us if you have any questions you want us to ask CLBC. Or email please email us [email protected] You can also ask questions during the live broadcast but please note that we have limited time for the talk so we may not be able to get to all the questions.