- This event has passed.
AutismBC Workshop: What is Autism?
September 25 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Creating Inclusive Communities
Would you like to learn how to better support someone on the autism spectrum? Would you like to make your business or place of work more inclusive by becoming more sensory-friendly? Our community inclusion autism training does just that! Over the course of an hour, participants learn how community members on the autism spectrum may experience the world with the goal of increasing autism awareness and acceptance.
The world we want to see is one where community accommodations are commonplace, and community spaces are designed to support all neurotypes.
We offer this workshop to build supportive, inclusive communities for autistic people. The world we want to see is one where community accommodations are commonplace.
Guided by insights from autism service providers, parents of autistic children, and self-advocates, our training tackles important questions:
- What is Autism
- How many people in BC are on the Autism spectrum?
- What does AutismBC do?
- How and why can my workplace offer simple accommodations to be more inclusive?
- We will discuss all of these questions and more!
Join us for a 30-minute introduction session, followed by 30 minutes of questions. Extend the invitation to your co-workers, family, and friends — all are welcome!
Throughout our session, you will:
- Expand your awareness about autism and the ways autistic people might experience the world.
- Gain insight into how you may offer accommodations or alter environments to provide support.
Individuals come together for regular sessions, engaging in various ways. They can choose to participate by listening attentively, asking questions, or sharing a unique accommodation they have developed and believe others should adopt. Through collective efforts, we strive to enhance social inclusion within the autistic community throughout British Columbia.
- Date: Monday, September 25th
- Time: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm PST
- Location: Live and online. The Zoom link will be provided in the registration confirmation as well as in a reminder email. We hope to see you there.
AutismBC ensures that all expenses associated with hosting these sessions are covered, enabling them to be accessible to everyone without any charge.