- This event has passed.
AutismBC Talks: Workplace Supports + Accommodation with DABC
August 22, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
AutismBC is pleased to collaborate with Disability Alliance BC for a talk on workplace supports and accommodations. In this session, a member of Disability Alliance BC’s Disability Law Clinic will provide information about support and accommodations.
This talk is intended for autistic adults and/or caregivers supporting adults.
You must REGISTER HERE to attend this workshop
We will send you the Zoom link closer to the workshop day.
What to expect:
- 40min presentation by Disability Law Clinic Staff lawyer with an optional 40-minute question period
- What are the duties to accommodate?
- When can or should a person identify that they will require an accommodation to be successful in a role?
- What is a reasonable accommodation that I can request?
- What are some examples of workplace accommodations?
Speaker: Member of the Disability Law Clinic Staff Lawyer with Disability Alliance BC
Time: Monday August 22th, 2022 11:00am – 12:30pm
Topic: AutismBC Talks- Workplace Supports + Accommodation with Disability Alliance BC
About the speaker:
Margery Pazdor is a staff lawyer at the Disability Law Clinic where she advises people with disabilities on a variety of legal issues, including human rights and discrimination. Opened in March 2020, with funding from the Law Foundation of BC, the Disability Law Clinic is the first non-profit community legal clinic in BC that specialises in disability rights law.
DABC’s guide regarding whether and when to disclose that you have a disability:
And the People’s Law School’s materials on the Duty to Accommodate:
Presidents Group – Workplace Accommodation Guide: