Waiting for Assessment Workshop
November 21 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
If you are waiting for an autism assessment, this workshop is for you.
Join us for a 3-hour workshop covering the essential information that families need to know at the start of their autism journey.
- Basic information about autism
- How to prepare for an autism assessment and what your family can do while you wait
- Pros and cons of private vs. public assessments and diagnoses
- What to expect at the assessment and after a diagnosis
- Tips on coping strategies, how to talk to your family and friends about autism, etc.
You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to a Board-Certified Behavioural Analyst (BCBA).
For many families, this workshop is the first touchpoint to the autism community. It is a place to meet others facing similar challenges in your community.
- Children with autism across B.C. get the best standard of care and support possible to enable them to reach their full potential
- Families across B.C. are empowered to make educated decisions about their child’s autism assessment process
- Families across B.C are empowered to access the support and information they need
- Families access the timeliest autism diagnosis possible
Speaker: Michele Shilvock
Michele Shilvock is a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst who has been working in the field of autism and family behaviour support for over 23 years with children ranging in age from under 1 to 22 years of age. Michele has a vast amount of experience designing intensive therapy programs, addressing problem behaviours in the home and school settings and in providing direction and coaching as it relates to early childhood development. In addition to direct therapy design, delivery and coaching, she also provides community-based training and education, school consultation and has been a speaker throughout BC
Register at the website link below.
You don’t need to be an AutismBC member to attend, but membership has its perks.
To check your AutismBC membership status please click here to log in.
To sign up for FREE AutismBC membership click here.