Waiting for Assessment Workshops
Waiting for Assessment was launched in December 2018 to support families awaiting an autism assessment. It is a 3-hour workshop that covers the essential information that families need to know during the start of their autism journey.
Click here to see when this workshop is coming to your community.
The workshop includes:
- Basic information about autism
- How to prepare for an autism assessment and what your family can do while you wait
- Pros and cons of private vs. public assessments and diagnoses
- What to expect at the assessment and after a diagnosis
- Tips on coping strategies, how to talk to your family and friends about autism, etc.
You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to a Board-Certified Behavioural Analyst (BCBA).
For many families, this workshop is the first touchpoint to the autism community. It is a place to meet other parents and families facing similar challenges in your community.
- Children with autism across B.C. get the best standard of care and support possible to enable them to reach their full potential
- Families across B.C. are empowered to make educated decisions about their child’s autism assessment process
- Families across B.C are empowered to access the support and information they need
- Families access the timeliest autism diagnosis possible
Frequently Asked Questions:
List of Upcoming Waiting for Assessment Workshops
Click here to view upcoming workshops.
If you have questions about this program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-437-0880.