- This event has passed.
Annual General Meeting 2022 (AGM)
September 27, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Annual General Meeting for the Autism Society of British Columbia (AutismBC)
Date: Tuesday, September 27th
Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Location: Zoom meeting
Purpose of the meeting:
AutismBC’s mission is to empower, support, and connect the autism community in BC so that people on the autism spectrum can live their best lives. As a non-profit and registered charity, we work towards the inclusion and acceptance of the entire autism community. We value the lived experience of our team and members. We prioritize listening to our members and making decisions that reflect their needs and wants.
Twenty-twenty-two (2022) will see many exciting opportunities for AutismBC, and we would love your input. As one of our new Society Members, you are welcome to attend, vote, and let your voice be heard! We’ll have a program and fundraising update, but this AGM will also focus on sharing stories and the year’s impact.
What you can expect during the meeting:
- A motion to adopt revised purposes for AutismBC and the BC Autism Foundation;
- Preliminary results for AutismBC Parent Survey on the Ministry of Children and Family Development’s changes to the way disabled children receive services;
- A program and fundraising presentation sharing the impact of our 2021-2022 year;
- You’ll receive the society’s Financial Statements for its fiscal year ending March 31, 2022, and the Auditors’ report;
- You’ll vote to elect Directors to the Board of Directors;
- You’ll vote to reappoint the Auditors for the next year;
- You’ll get a chance to share your stories and any matters vital to you;
- We’ll also be going over other business that may be presented before the Meeting.
Who should attend:
As Society Members, you are expected to attend. Attendance is limited to AutismBC Society Members.
If you have a conflict with the date and time please let us know at email@example.com
If you would like an email event confirmation please REGISTER HERE* by September 20st.
*You must be logged in to your email linked to your society membership
Brock will send a Zoom Link and meeting agenda the week before to review. The message will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org