- This event has passed.
AutismBC Goes Ice Skating (Smithers)
March 4 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Community members who skate together, stay together. We are hosting an AutismBC Goes Ice Skating in Smithers! Bring your skating gear or grab a pair of rentals to hit the ice for our private event booking for the Smithers’ autistic community.
This is a great opportunity to connect with others in Smithers area and the surrounding Bulkley Valley communities. Have an ice day!
How: Registration is required, click below.
Where: Smithers, NEW ARENA Click here: Location
When: Saturday, March 4, 2023, from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Registration will be available on-site, or can be done on a mobile device.
Don’t have an AutismBC free membership? Sign-up here: https://www.autismbc.ca/about/membership/
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- You must register to reserve your spot.
- The ice may be split with half for hockey and half for skating
- Rentals are included with your registration
- The is not a drop-off event, children must be supervised by parents/caregivers
- Be prepared for colder temperatures.
- Wear warm winter clothing, snow pants are recommended (especially for children)
- Skating supports are available on a FCFS basis
Learn More about the Smithers new arena HERE:
Indoor Rinks | Town of Smithers
Thank you to the Edge Learning Centre for volunteering their time to help facilitate the event.
To learn more about ELC: EdGE Learning Centre (bvcls.org)
Have questions about the event or want to volunteer? Email Sharon at [email protected]
AutismBC Goes are community-based events that provide opportunities for our members to connect while removing the cost barriers. These events are often facilitated in each community by volunteers.
Interested in volunteering with us?
Click here: Volunteer Form
We hope to see you there!