- This event has passed.
AutismBC Goes Tubing at Shames Mountain
February 26 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
We are hosting an AutismBC Goes Tubing at Shames Mountain in Terrace on Sunday, February 26, 2023!
Bring your snow gear and get ready to try out the new tubing lanes at Shames! This is a great opportunity to connect with others in the NorthWest autistic community.
How: Registration is required, and tickets are limited!
Where: Shames My Mountain Co-op Terrace Click here: Location
When: February 26, 2023 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Cost: Free, Membership Required. One ticket per rider, ONLY 30 Tickets available.
Registration closes Wednesday, February 22 at Noon.
If you register and are not able to attend, please email [email protected] up to the day of the event so we can transfer your tickets to our waitlist.
Don’t have an AutismBC free membership? Sign-up here: https://www.autismbc.ca/about/membership/
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- You must register to reserve your spot. Tickets are very limited (30 only) for this community event.
- Each rider needs their own ticket however tubes can be shared among riders.
- Please ONLY register the rider requiring a ticket, parents do not need to register if they are not tubing.
- Tubes and lanes will be shared with the general public and are on a first-come, first-serve basis only.
- Caregivers must sign a waiver for their rider(s).
- Please Note: Cellular service is not available at the mountain.
- Proper snow tires are mandatory in the winter.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- We recommend proper winter boots with a good grip
- Wear warm winter clothing, snow pants are recommended (especially for children)
- Ski Boots and Hard Shelled boots are not permitted to be worn while tubing due to safety reasons.
- You must have a valid tubing lift ticket to ride the tube lanes.
- All participants must follow the attendant’s instructions. Unsafe conduct will result in the removal of your tubing lift ticket without a refund.
- The minimum age for a child to go tubing is 3 Years old. Children under the age of 3 are not permitted to tube.
- Children 3+ years but under 42” or 106cm tall in height must be accompanied by a paying adult. (Adults may hold onto their child’s tube in the tubing lane, conditions permitting,)
- Each person must ride in their own tube regardless of age. No riding on someone else’s lap.
Learn More about Shames HERE:
Shames My Mountain Co-op | Skiing and Boarding in Northern BC (mymountaincoop.ca)
We are seeking a parent volunteer to help out with the event; tasks would involve checking registration, handing out tickets and directing families to gear and rider rules.
Have questions about the event or want to volunteer? Email Sharon at [email protected]
AutismBC Goes are community-based events that provide opportunities for our members to connect while removing the cost barriers.
We hope to see you there!