AutismBC Talks: Autism and Taxes – Level 1 – How Do I Apply?
February 10 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Autism and Taxes – Level 1 – How Do I Apply? – There are financial stressors when setting up the learning environment for your child with autism, including materials, therapies and activities. These things can be very costly.
David is here to help alleviate some of this financial stress, by pointing out how and where you can do that. The Disability Tax Credit (DTC) is not just a simple tax credit but a gateway to many more benefits. Parents may find the application process confusing. David is here to help you through the process and interpret all the jargon.
When: Friday, February 10, 2023, 10am-11:30am on Zoom (1.5 hrs)
Who: Intended for parents of children with an autism diagnosis who have not yet applied (or need to re-apply) for the Disability Tax Credit.
Here is what some parents are saying about David’s presentation:
- “David Taylor really made it clear to us the importance of keeping our records organized. He has great tips and resources for parents”
- “I have been to this talk 3 times and each time I learn something new and critical. Much appreciated!!!”
- “I just made $10,000 tonight!”
- “The “tax man” can be so confusing and David helped us to clarify funding and tax information that autism parents need to know.”
- “Whether you have been running an ABA program for a month or 10 years – this presentation is invaluable to ALL parents.”
- “Great information – thank you Dave! We have so much more confidence that we are getting the most out of our therapy dollars now.”
If you think this may be applicable to you, please attend. Parents are often shocked by how much they will gain by applying for the Disability Tax Credit.
How to Join:
Registration is required and space is limited – this Talk fills up quickly every year!
You will be sent a summary handout notes. There will be no recording of this talk and you will not revive a direct copy of the presentation slides. If you want to learn and ask questions you need to attend the live session.
- Please do not bring your tax questions to this talk. We will only be discussing the DTC application process. During this Talk,
Dave not be talking about how to file your taxes or what you may be able to claim. This topic will be presented in a subsequent talk “Autism and Taxes – Level Two” to be held on Friday, February 17 from 10:00am – 12:00pm.
Click here for more about our second talk:
Speaker: David Taylor is the parent of a child on the autism spectrum and has been running a home-based ABA program for 16 years. David has done extensive research into the financial side of managing an ABA team and has gathered information on all kinds of issues from his own experiences and from feedback from other parents. David has given this talk for the past 13 years!
Read more on taxes in the AutismBC Resource Blogs here: