AutismBC Talks: Autism and Taxes – Level 2 – What Can You Claim?
February 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Autism and Taxes – Level 2 – What Can You Claim? – TAX TIME is coming! If you are the parent of a child with an autism diagnosis this is a must-attend event for you!
When: Friday, February 17, 2023, 10am-12:00pm on Zoom (2 hrs)
Who: This Talk is for anyone that is running or thinking of setting up a home-based ABA program. The content of this presentation applies to individuals up to age 18. If you are new to the world of autism (or even a seasoned veteran!), this presentation contains information you need to know.
The assumption for this Talk is that your child has been approved for the Disability Tax Credit or the application has been submitted.
Some of the topics that David will cover are:
- The Canada Caregiver Amount Tax Credit
- The Disability Tax Credit
- The Child Disability Benefit
- Medical Expenses
- The RDSP
- …And many more!
Here is what some parents are saying about David’s presentation:
- “David Taylor really made it clear to us the importance of keeping our records organized. He has great tips and resources for parents”
- “I have been to this talk 3 times and each time I learn something new and critical. Much appreciated!!!”
- “I just made $10,000 tonight!”
- “The “tax man” can be so confusing and David helped us to clarify funding and tax information that autism parents need to know.”
- “Whether you have been running an ABA program for a month or 10 years – this presentation is invaluable to ALL parents.”
- “Great information – thank you Dave! We have so much more confidence that we are getting the most out of our therapy dollars now.”
How to Join:
Registration is required and space is limited – this Talk fills up quickly every year!
You will be sent a summary handout notes. There will be no recording of this talk and you will not revive a direct copy of the presentation slides. If you want to learn and ask questions you need to attend the live session.
Speaker: David Taylor is the parent of a child on the autism spectrum and has been running a home-based ABA program for 17 years. David has done extensive research into the financial side of managing an ABA team and has gathered information on all kinds of issues from his own experiences and from feedback from other parents.
David has given this talk for the past 13 years. If you have not yet applied for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC), we would strongly encourage you to listen to David’s Talk “Autism and Taxes – Level One. How do I apply?”
A summary handout will be provided to those who attend with a feedback survey. The presentation slides will not be provided.
Read more in the AutismBC Resource Blogs here: