- This event has passed.
Connecting the Valley: Family to Family (Okanagan – Online)
December 5, 2022 @ 8:00 am - December 9, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Connecting the Valley: Family to Family, Family Leadership Series 2022.
It has been some months since we all met virtually and learned together!
We are hosting a virtual reunion and are inviting all the participants and anyone in the Okanagan going through or about to go through the transition to adult support. We are suggesting caregivers that have children between 15 and 19. However, this event is open to anyone interested in the topic.
Event details: Five sessions on the week of December 5th. Four lunch & learn sessions and a coffee chat.
- Monday, December 5th at noon – What to Expect from CLBC? A CLBC Facilitator will go over what to expect during the transition*
- Tuesday, December 6th at noon – A condensed Transition Workshop from Family Support Institute*
- Wednesday, December 7th at noon – Family Panel. Families with lived experience will talk about their current or recent transition to adulthood.
- Thursday, December 8th at 9:00 am – Coffee Chat. Based on interest, there may be break-out rooms with separate conversations around the two streams of funding at CLBC: Developmental Disability and PSI (Personalized Support Initiative)
- Friday, December 9th at noon – Advocacy and Resources – Get Inclusions BC’s inside scoop on what we have noticed that works when advocating for supports.* A list of helpful resources about the transition to adulthood is being put together; it will also be distributed via email.
* These sessions will be recorded and available until mid-January for users to watch later.
You can register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZArdOqsrTgjEtO-0O7dPQO6s-wHlYudeA8K
Brought to you by: