Welcome to The 2020 BC Autism Awards!
We are so grateful for everyone who has contributed to make the show a success. We’ve announced all the Winners for 2020!
Join us on October 25th, 2020 as we share the stories of our everyday heroes who are changing the narrative on autism and inclusion. Together we will celebrate the passion, strengths, and achievements of volunteers, businesses, self-advocates, and community members across British Columbia.
Award winners will receive $1,000 to go towards a project that will advance their work in the category of their award, promoting the principles of inclusion and diversity.
- Volunteer of the Year: Awarded to a volunteer whose work has positively influenced the autism community. (Sponsored by Pawlik Automotive)
- Self-Advocate of the Year: awarded to an autistic self-advocate who has advanced the well-being of other autistic people. (Sponsored by Stigma-Free society)
- Inclusive Employer of the Year: Awarded to an organization or company that has demonstrated inclusive practices and support for individuals on the autism spectrum. (Sponsored by Orbital Learning)
- Regional Community Impact Award: Awarded to an individual, business or community group that has demonstrated a commitment to creating inclusive communities by championing opportunities for community members on the autism spectrum. Open to 4 regions in BC: Lower Mainland, Interior BC, Vancouver Island (sponsored by Quality Foods), Northern BC
- Nina Pickburn Award: nominated by the AutismBC Board of Directors for outstanding contribution to autism in BC.
Enter the AutismBC Raffle for a chance to win a car!
You can help us raise essential funds with the purchase of a 50/50 or raffle ticket with a Grand Prize of a brand new 2019 Nissan Kicks SV courtesy of Applewood Auto Group. Anyone 19+ in BC can enter. Funds raised go towards autism initiatives throughout British Columbia.
More great prizes:
2nd Prize: 75” Samsung 4K Smart TV
3rd Prize: Apple iPad Air 256 GB
$20 for 1
$50 for 3
$100 for 10
Early bird deadline: August 28th (Closed)
Final draw for all other prizes: October 25th
(Early bird winner is re-entered for final prizes.)
There’s also a 50/50 you can enter for just $10.
Click the button below to buy a raffle ticket today!
Meet the BC Autism Awards Jury Committee
Our jury committee is made up of influential partners and champions of autism communities throughout British Columbia. They include parents, self-advocates, and business leaders who care about the future of inclusion and diversity.
SF Walker—Self-Advocate and Manager of Voices of Autism
Dr. Glen Davies—Director of ABLE Clinic
Dr. Anthony Bailey—Professor and Chair of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry & Institute of Mental Health Chair at UBC
Karen Bopp—Director of Provincial Outreach & Adjunct Professor of Centre for Interdisciplinary Research and Collaboration in Autism
Cindy Bratkowski—AutismBC Board Member
Carol Simpson—Director of Orbital Learning Inc./Founder and CEO of Focus Professional Services Inc.
Stephanie Jull—VP Programs, Training & Community Engagement of Canucks Autism Network
Carrie Ferguson—Executive Director of The Penticton Centre for Exceptional Learning
Jordon Oliver—Parent Advocate/Local Co-founder of Pacific Autism Family Network Prince George Spoke
Kimberlee Howland—Family Resource Navigator, Nanaimo Child Development Centre
Rebekah Kintzinger—Self-Advocate and CASDA Board Member
Andrea Paquette—President & Co-Founder of Stigma-Free Society
Sandi Foster—Co-owner of Stepping Stones Therapy Inc.