AIDE Lending Library
At AutismBC we pride ourselves on being open to learning and listing to other perspectives. A wonderful place to access free resources in Canada is the AIDE Lending Library.
AIDE Canada is now offering free audiobooks and ebooks through the AIDE Canada Library. As an AIDE member, you have instant access to over 150 digital books, including new releases from major publishers. This service is open to everyone in Canada – all you need is an AIDE membership.
Follow the steps below to access the collection:
- If you’re using a smartphone or tablet:
- Install the Libby, by OverDrive app from your device’s app store
- Open Libby and follow the prompts to search for AIDE Library
- When prompted for your library card info, enter your AIDE username and password (the same credentials you use to sign in to aidecanada.ca and library.aidecanada.ca)
- Tap Borrow to borrow a book. You have the option to download the file to read/listen offline. Books are automatically ‘returned’ after 21 days
- For more help with the Libby app, see Getting started with Libby
- If you’re using a laptop or desktop computer:
- Go to aidecanada.overdrive.com
- Click Sign in
- Enter your AIDE username and password (the same credentials you use to sign in to aidecanada.ca and library.aidecanada.ca)
- Click Borrow to borrow a book. You have the option to download the file to read/listen offline. Books are automatically ‘returned’ after 21 days
Your AIDE membership also gives you access to over 1500 print books. AIDE lends books by mail across Canada for free, return shipping included. Browse and request books online at http://library.aidecanada.ca/.
If you have any questions, please contact the lending library team at [email protected].
Corey’s List Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin Things that struck me: References to being from another planet—chapter 4 Strong attachment to places—chapter 7 In the […]
Highlights: Books by two autistic woman authors from B.C. I’m happy to highlight two memoirs by young women on the spectrum: Take it from the […]
For Autistic Adults Autistics Recommend: Books on Autism Books about Autistic Women and Girls But You Don’t Look Autistic at All – Toeps, Bianca, MacCorquodale-Smith, […]