AIDE Lending Library
AIDE Canada is now offering free audiobooks and ebooks through the AIDE Canada Library. As an AIDE member, you have instant access to over 150 digital books, including new releases from major publishers. This service is open to everyone in Canada – all you need is an AIDE membership.
Follow the steps below to access the collection:
- If you’re using a smartphone or tablet:
- Install the Libby, by OverDrive app from your device’s app store
- Open Libby and follow the prompts to search for AIDE Library
- When prompted for your library card info, enter your AIDE username and password (the same credentials you use to sign in to aidecanada.ca and library.aidecanada.ca)
- Tap Borrow to borrow a book. You have the option to download the file to read/listen offline. Books are automatically ‘returned’ after 21 days
- For more help with the Libby app, see Getting started with Libby
- If you’re using a laptop or desktop computer:
- Go to aidecanada.overdrive.com
- Click Sign in
- Enter your AIDE username and password (the same credentials you use to sign in to aidecanada.ca and library.aidecanada.ca)
- Click Borrow to borrow a book. You have the option to download the file to read/listen offline. Books are automatically ‘returned’ after 21 days
- For more help, see Getting started with OverDrive Read
Your AIDE membership also gives you access to over 1500 print books. AIDE lends books by mail across Canada for free, return shipping included. Browse and request books online at http://library.aidecanada.ca/.
If you have any questions, please contact the lending library team at email@example.com.
Books on Autism recommended by Self-Advocates
Corey’s List Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin Things that struck me: References to being from another planet—chapter 4 Strong attachment to places—chapter 7 In the […]
Books about Autistic Women and Girls
Highlights: Books by two autistic woman authors from B.C. I’m happy to highlight two memoirs by young women on the spectrum: Take it from the […]
Our Big Blog About Books
For Autistic Adults Autistics Recommend: Books on Autism Books about Autistic Women and Girls NeuroDivergent Rebel’s 2021 Neurodiversity Book List But You Don’t Look Autistic […]