AutismBC Socials: Minecraft Club
February 29 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
AutismBC Socials offers community members with common interests and hobbies a way to connect openly and safely online. Our computer-based Minecraft Club hosted by Elysium on Zoom is an inclusive space for child & youth Minecraft enthusiasts to come together and play! Our mission is to inspire connection through sharing tips and tricks and playing together.
How: We bring you our monthly Minecraft Socials in partnership with Elysium, a non-profit building a Minecraft community for neurodivergent kids! Come meet and play with other kids who love Minecraft over a moderated Zoom video call and on the private, white-listed server.
When: February 29, 2024 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Who: If your child/youth is a seasoned Minecraft player and familiar with the Elysium server, join this Intermediate/Advanced Club! The Elysium Minecraft server is a whitelisted, supportive, and inclusive environment. It is available any time outside the monthly event for unstructured, safe play and social connection. This AutismBC Social Minecraft Club is administered by Michael & Serene, program volunteers with the Elysium team.
While activities may range from month to month, we will play on Elysium’s modded RPG survival world. You will be able to:
- Build your own survival base
- Level up and earn in-game money by picking up mining, hunting, or crafting jobs.
- Buy, sell, and trade resources from shopkeepers, villagers, and other players.
- Participate in group challenges like building battles & mini-games while learning structured team play.
Cost: Free*; AutismBC membership is required to participate in the event. *(One-time purchase of Minecraft Java Edition Software for PC/Mac)
Don’t have an AutismBC membership? It’s free! Signup here: https://www.autismbc.ca/about/membership/
Before you register…
Registration Requirements: To register, all participants must have the following:
- Purchase of Minecraft Java Edition for PC/Mac only is required.
- Please click here if you need to purchase Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC Deluxe Edition
- You must log in to your AutismBC membership account to register.
- Minecraft Java Edition (iPad, tablet or mobile devices are NOT compatible)
- Zoom installed
- First-time participants: If you have not already purchased Minecraft, please choose the “assisted set-up option” when you are registering for the event.
*Registration Deadline*: February 22, 2024, at 12:00 pm to ensure that we can whitelist your Minecraft ID to the server and help with any new Minecraft participant setup.
Missed the registration deadline and are you a RETURNING participant?
Please send us an email to [email protected] and we can do our best to get you registered.
If you have missed the registration deadline and are not a returning participant, you will need to register for the next month’s upcoming session.
Social clubs are a great way to make friends, build confidence, and strengthen communities. AustismBC has been a supporter of social clubs for autistic kids, teens, and adults as well as siblings and friends. We assist with various aspects of these clubs so our staff and volunteers can do what they do best: support and connect the autism community through inclusive groups, clubs, and events.
- February 29
- 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Event Category:
- AutismBC Socials