- This event has passed.
Workshop FULL – AutismBC Talks: Inclusive Housing Options with BC Housing
October 14, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Housing programs for autistic adults, and the BC Rebate for Accessible Home Adaptation program with BC Housing
AutismBC is pleased to collaborate with BC Housing for a talk on housing program such as Subsidized Housing and the Rental Assistance Program for autistic adults, and the BC Rebate for Accessible Home Adaptations (BC RAHA) for families with autistic children/adults. In this session, a representative from BC Housing will provide information about their housing program that are applicable for the autism community in BC.
This talk is intended for autistic adults and/or caregivers and families supporting adults and children on the autism spectrum. BC housing primarily supports those who are looking to live independently and seeking information on subsidized housing and rental assistance options in BC and how to access this program.
What to Expect:
- 60-min presentation by the BC Housing representative with a 30-minute question period
- What are the BC housing programs suitable for adults on the autism spectrum?
- How do I know if I am eligible/ or if my family is eligible?
- How can I apply for the housing program from BC Housing?
- What is the BC Rebate for Accessible Home Adaptation (BC RAHA) program? Am I eligible? How can I apply for this rebate program?
- An overview of the process involved in qualifying for BC housing and the typical wait times.
What not to expect:
- To be clear we will not be discussing – What you can do to advocate for inclusive housing in your community. – That advocacy should be directed to your local CLBC offices. CLBC representatives are not present at this presentation. We want to ensure that you are coming to this talk to learn about the BC Housing Programs.
Where: Online, Zoom (Registration Required)
Registration is required, and a Zoom link will be sent in the event reminder email. Please ensure that our email address firstname.lastname@example.org is on your safe mailing list.
REGISTER HERE! for Waitlist. The workshop is currently full.
Note – There will be no recording of this presentation. If you want the information and to engage in the discussion you will need to attend.
Speaker: Representative from BC Housing
About BC Housing:
BC Housing develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options across the province. We work with the ministry responsible for housing to address critical gaps across the housing continuum, which range from emergency shelter and rent assistance in the private market to affordable home ownership. We also license residential builders, administer owner builder authorizations and carry out research and education that benefits the residential construction industry and consumers. We work with about 800 housing providers and help more than 110,000 households in communities across British Columbia.
Who BC Housing serves:
- Individuals who are homeless
- Individuals with disabilities
- Indigenous individuals and families
- Women and children at risk of violence
- Low-income seniors and families
- Buyers of new homes
AutismBC’s Blogs on Housing:
Autism Q and A: Housing Supports for Autistic Adults — Blog — AutismBC
Autism Q and A: Transitioning into Adulthood — Blog — AutismBC